PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
TUITION & FEES
- 50% in English Language Arts 30-1 or 70% in English Language Arts 30-2 or equivalent
- 50% in Biology 30 or equivalent
- completion of the Therapeutic Recreation Certificate program or equivalent and/or permission from the program chair is a requirement for admission to the diploma program
Explore all the possibilities your future holds with a NorQuest education.
The following program courses have university transfer credit:
Diploma program graduates are eligible for block transfer credit into the following post-secondary programs:
- Bachelor of Health Administration (up to 42 credits)
- Bachelor of Professional Arts Human Services (up to 60 credits)
- Bachelor of Science (Post Diploma) in Human Science (30 credits)
- Bachelor of Technology in Technology Management
Thompson Rivers University (Kamloops, BC)
- Bachelor of Health Science (up to 57 credits)
- Bachelor of General Studies (up to 60 credits)
University of Calgary
- Bachelor of Community Rehabilitation
University of Lethbridge
- Bachelor of Therapeutic Recreation (after the completion of the NorQuest Therapeutic Recreation Diploma, graduates can enter Year 3 of the Bachelor of Therapeutic Recreation program)
- Bachelor of Health Sciences
Additional credit transfer agreements with various institutions are currently in negotiation. For the most recent and up-to-date information on transfer agreements, refer to the Alberta Transfer Guide.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be qualified to work in continuing care, assisted living centres, hospitals, lodges, and mental health and day program settings.
Diploma students are eligible for student membership in the Alberta Therapeutic Recreation Association (ATRA). Graduates from this diploma program are eligible for professional membership in ATRA.
For more information on related careers see:
Visit the Alberta Therapeutic Recreation Association for more information on this career.