Day Home Provider
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
|There are no further intakes available for this academic year.|
TUITION & FEES
- Grade 5 or equivalent in reading and writing
- Police Information Check; must include vulnerable sector check current to within six months prior to program start
- Intervention Record Check current to within six months prior to program start
As a day home provider, you will play an important role in a child's development. This program will teach you about early childhood programming, job presentation skills, and how to run a home-based day home business. If you love children, this will be a rewarding career.
This program is designed for English language learners.
The Day Home Provider program is a 10-month integrated skills program that focuses on both academic skills and occupational skills through the content of early childhood training. This is a hands-on program where students are immersed in activities and learning outcomes related to child care.
Program highlights include the following:
- Supervised field experience
- Opportunity to build a personal children's resource collection
- NorQuest College certificate
- Employment networking opportunities
- Strong emphasis on building good communication skills
Students learn about the following subjects:
- Early childhood development
- Nutritional planning
- Safety training and emergency planning
- Best practices for day home providers
- Professional code of ethics
- Running a home-based business
This program includes 110 hours of field experience.