Dental Office Assistant
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
TUITION & FEES
This 12-week, fast-paced Dental Office Assistant program will prepare graduates to work in dental practice settings such as denture clinics, orthodontist and specialist offices, dental labs, and other dental-related businesses and healthcare industries. Students will learn clerical and administrative tasks such as scheduling appointments, billing, filing, customer service and using dental software. This program will provide students with the basic knowledge of dental terminology and applications, administrative skills, and work experience needed to be successful in their role.
Students are more likely to be successful in this program if they:
- enjoy working with the public
- are physically and emotionally able to manage workplace demands
- have access to transportation to complete their practicum
- have access to a computer, internet connection, and basic keyboarding/computer skills
- are able to work shift work
- are able to dedicate 40-50 hours per week for full-time studies
- work well in a team environment
- are able to work 150 hours, four weeks of full-time work to complete the practicum including day, evening, or night shifts on any day of the week, including weekends and holidays
- can type 45 words per minute before the program starts
This program is not recommended for international students as the work permit required for the practicum may not arrive in time.