Medical Device Reprocessing Technician
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
|There are no further intakes available for this academic year.|
TUITION & FEES
Total tuition: $4,830.00
Total fees: $838.00
Total tuition: $14,927.00
Total fees: $838.00
- 60% in English Language Arts 30-1 or 70% in English Language Arts 30-2 or equivalent
The Medical Device Reprocessing Technician program prepares skilled graduates to enter the workforce to perform the critical work of sterilizing, packaging, and storing surgical and medical instruments.
During the 29-week program, you will learn anatomy and physiology, microbiology, infection prevention and control, workplace communication, computer skills, and the procedures necessary for work as a medical device reprocessing technician.
Upon completion of the program, graduates are able to complete the Certified Medical Device Reprocessing Technician exam offered by the Canadian Standards Association.
For specific information on the certification processes, view the CSA's Personnel Certification Guide. In order to apply to take the certification exam, you will require a high school diploma or equivalent (e.g., GED). If you have any questions about satisfying the prerequisite to complete the certification exam, you should contact the CSA directly by emailing email@example.com.
Students are more likely to be successful in this program if they:
- are physically and emotionally able to manage workplace demands (e.g., lift up to 16 kg (35 lbs), push or pull 45 kg (100 lbs))
- have access to transportation to complete their practicum
- have access to a computer, internet connection and basic keyboarding/computer skills
- are able to work shift work
- are able to dedicate 10 – 20 additional hours per week over and above regular course hours
- work well in a team environment and have good communication skills
- are able to perform repetitive tasks for long periods of time
This 27-week program includes a 12-week practicum.