Medical Office Assistant
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
TUITION & FEES
Considered a valuable asset to the health-care team, medical office assistants support physicians and other health care professionals with essential administrative support. NorQuest’s 12-week, fast-paced Medical Office Assistant program helps graduates get into the workforce quickly and develop skills to perform a variety of tasks including scheduling, billing, word processing, communications, and more.
Students are more likely to be successful in this program if they:
- enjoy working with the public
- are physically and emotionally able to manage workplace demands
- have access to transportation to complete their practicum
- have access to a computer, internet connection, and basic keyboarding/computer skills
- are able to work shift work
- are able to dedicate 40-50 hours per week for full-time studies
- work well in a team environment
- can type 40 words per minute before the program starts (try a test)
This program is not recommended for international students as the work permit required for the practicum may not arrive in time.
This program includes a practicum totalling 150 hours.
The practicum may be arranged in or close to the student's community. The student's practicum schedule will follow the preceptor's schedule and may include day, evening, or night shifts any day of the week, including weekends and holidays. Students are required to work full-time during the practicum.