PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
Up to 5 years
- graduate of a Practical Nurse program in Canada, or graduate of an RN/Bachelor of Nursing program outside of Canada
Contact the Office of the Registrar, Admissions at email@example.com if verification is not available; your academic background may be deemed acceptable.More details
Explore all the possibilities your future holds with a NorQuest education.
Diploma program graduates are eligible for transfer credit and may qualify for admission into the following post-secondary programs:
- Bachelor of Nursing: Post-LPN
- Bachelor of Applied Human Service Administration
- Post-basic Operating Room Program for LPNs
- Bachelor of Technology in Technology Management
Thompson Rivers University (Kamloops, BC)
- Bachelor of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of General Studies
University of Regina (Regina, SK)
- Saskatchewan Collaborative Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program
Refer to the Alberta Transfer Guide for the most recent and up-to-date information on transfer agreements.
Further Education Opportunities
View the listing of LPN Continuing Education Courses for further educational opportunities.
Upon completion of the program, you will be eligible to write the Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination (CPNRE) to obtain a licence to practise nursing in Alberta.
To practice as a licensed practical nurse, you must obtain licensure from the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta (CLPNA). You must pass the CPNRE to attain active licensure with the CLPNA. Visit the CLPNA website for further details on the registration for new graduates.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be prepared for jobs in acute care hospitals, continuing care centres, community care settings, client homes, clinics, and doctors' offices.
For more information on related careers see:
To research your career, you may complete a Career Investigation Report.