PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
TUITION & FEES
- 60% in English Language Arts 30-1 or equivalent
- documentary evidence of having completed at least 100 voluntary and/or paid work hours in the human services field
NorQuest College offers an approved and accredited two-year full-time Social Work diploma program with a multicultural focus. As its mission, the program emphasizes the value of human diversity and teaches the practice of social work within an anti-oppressive framework that is supportive and empowering.
As a social worker, you may have the ability to improve the quality of life for yourself and for others through self-reflection and offering resources, services, and opportunities for your prospective clients. In addition, you will be prepared to create social change through your work and professional activities.
As its mission, the program emphasizes the value of human diversity and teaches the practice of social work within an anti-oppressive framework that is supportive and empowering.
Program themes include:
- competency working in different cultures
- social work practice that recognizes and deals with oppression
- awareness of cultural displacement issues
- awareness of personal abilities and resiliency
- community practice
- holistic practice
- practice in specialized settings
Students in the Social Work program can expect to develop knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- social work foundations
- the helping process
- social policy
- assessment and interviewing
- social work models and practice
- working with groups
- working with families and communities
- mental health
- abuse, violence, and addictions
This program includes four practicums totalling 700 hours.