Working in Canada

Working On-Campus

International students may work on NorQuest campuses if and when opportunities are available.

Possible on-campus jobs include peer tutoring and being a student ambassador.

Working Off-Campus

You may be eligible to work off-campus while completing your studies if you are:

  • currently a study permit holder
  • enrolled, full-time, in a designated post-secondary institution, and
  • studying an academic, vocational, or professional training program that leads toa degree, diploma, or certificate, which is at least six months in duration

Working in Canada After Graduation

If you are graduating from a full-time diploma or certificate program that is longer than 8 months, you may be eligible for a Post-Graduation Work Permit, which is an open work permit and allows you to work full-time after graduation for a period of time equal to or longer than your career program length.

Visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada for more information on eligibility and processing times.

If you have additional questions, contact us at:

IMPORTANT: It is illegal to study and work in Canada without appropriate authorization.


Volunteer work is a great way to be actively involved in the community. It allows students to gain valuable work experiences and also strengthens their resumes and enhances future employment opportunities.

Ask us a question

International Student Office
Civic Employees Legacy Tower
Room 1-215


NorQuest College's Designated Learning Institution (DLI) number is O18795996622.

Imagine Education au/in Canada

Languages Canada / Langues Canada