Improve your English
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
TUITION & FEES
- NorQuest College language placement assessment to determine course level. Other standardized tests (CLBPT, CLBA, IELTS, TOEFL, and CELPIP) may also be considered. Language proficiency assessment results must be less than six months old at the time of application for placement into courses.
A minimum CLB or IELTS level of 4 is required for placement into courses.
Improve your English language listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills to prepare for further education or employment. All courses are four months long. Free placement testing is available, and your program will be customized for your needs.
We also offer English for Academic Purposes courses so you can acquire the language needed to achieve your future academic goals. English for Specific Purposes courses help you improve English language skills to prepare for studies and work in health and business.
In ESL Intensive, you will learn to
- communicate with confidence in a variety of situations,
- improve your pronunciation, speaking fluency, and grammar,
- expand your vocabulary and use of idiomatic language,
- develop reading strategies and effective writing skills.
Language instruction prepares you for further academic studies and employment. The ESL Intensive program integrates computer instruction into each level. Practice in the language lab will help you improve your language skills.
All ESL Intensive courses are four months long. Courses offered include:
- General Listening/Speaking and Reading/Writing courses, as well as integrated language courses that focus on all four language skills.
- English for Specific Purposes courses that will help you improve your English language speaking, reading, and writing skills, and prepare you for further education or employment in specific health and business careers by teaching you career-specific vocabulary and language used in those professions.
- English for Academic Purposes courses that are specifically designed to help you achieve your future academic goals. Some of these courses may be used for meeting academic admission requirements and English language proficiency requirements for NorQuest College post-secondary programs.
Code of Ethics and Quality Standards
ESL Intensive students will follow NorQuest College policies and appeal processes. Students may also seek further resolution through the Languages Canada Association.