Veterinary Office Assistant
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
TUITION & FEES
This fast-paced 12-week program will prepare you to work in the veterinary field as a valued member of the veterinary team in clinical, emergency, or specialty hospital settings. The program combines office administrative skills, veterinary medical terminology, and hands-on training. Veterinary office assistants have an important role in supporting veterinarians and technicians while interacting with clients and their pets to help make their experience a positive one.
Students are more likely to be successful in this program if they:
- have a genuine love for a variety of animals and enjoy working with the public
- are able to remain calm in unpredictable situations
- are physically and emotionally able to manage workplace demands (e.g., lift up to 16 kg (35 lbs), push or pull 45 kg (100 lbs))
- have access to transportation to complete their practicum
- have access to a computer, internet connection, and basic keyboarding/computer skills
- are able to work shift work
- are able to dedicate 40-50 hours per week for full-time studies
- work well in a team environment
- can type 45 words per minute before the program starts
This program is not recommended for international students as the work permit required for the practicum may not arrive in time.
This program includes a practicum totalling 150 hours.